Community & Club Events | Keep Fit | Private Parties
26th October 2020
Our next Quiz night is to be held in the hall, starting at 7:30pm on 6th November, but it won’t be the usual experience due to the need to comply with the latest social distancing measures, and we won’t be serving pie and peas. However, you will still be able to gain that smug feeling, if you win, from being the cleverest people in the room. Please feel free to bring your own drink and snacks.
Our current Secretary has stood down, and we are looking for a proactive individual to take on this voluntary role, which involves minute taking, maintaining the diary and general involvement in running the Hall and events. If you are interested in joining the committee in this, or any other capacity, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For everyone’s safety we will now be implementing the Covid-19 protection measures below at all our events
- A hand sanitising facility has been positioned just inside the entrance to the hall and we would ask that you use it on entry and exit;
- Your contact details will be requested and recorded on your arrival for NHS track and trace purposes;
- Individual and groups of seats will be positioned 2 metres apart to suit those attending on their own or as a family unit. Regrettably, friends will not be allowed sit in grouped seats;
- Face masks must be worn, when not seated;
- Social interaction between attendees within the hall is permitted, provided it does not involve the need to stand and walk and/or shout;
- Finally, when greeting a friend or relative, perhaps for the first times in ages, please refrain from shaking hands, hugging, kissing and breaking into song.
Click on the tabs below to see the dates and times of our one-off special and regular events over the coming 3 months.
A one-off Gardening Club event will be held at 7:30pm, on 28th October, with the guest speaker, Paul Schofield set to provide an interesting insight into the development of Hull’s parks and gardens.
Entry will be £3. Bring your own snack & drink, as regrettably we will not be providing the usual tea and biscuits.
|28/10/2020||19:30 - 21:15|
Quiz nights will be held via “Zoom” on the 1st Friday of each month, starting at 7:30pm. Its free to participate, but there’s no prizes for winning other than that smug feeling which comes from being cleverer than everyone else. Unfortunately, winning would also mean that you will be expected to set the questions for the next quiz…
If you want to take part, then contact Diane via email@example.com and she’ll respond with the requisite Zoom video link data.
|06/11/2020||19:30 - 21:30|
|04/12/2020||19:30 - 21:30|
Attend whichever type of type of class appeals to you – either Hatha Yoga on Tuesday evenings, or Gentle Yoga on Thursday Evenings, or perhaps have a go at both.
If interested then you’ll need to pre-book a slot by contacting either Helen on 07813 667023 for Hatha Yoga, or Juliet on 07896 275860 for Gentle Yoga. In each case you’ll need to bring your own mat or something to lie on. All ages, genders and abilities are welcome.
Regrettably the “Rule of 6” social distancing measures have scuppered our plans to hold the annual Christmas Bingo event in December.
The Harpham & Lowthorpe Village Hall, Station Road, Harpham, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO25 4QZ